Friday, February 16, 2007

Neeyum Pathu Masam.... Naanum Pathu Masam

This morning I happened to listen to this song Aanenna Pennena Neeyenna Naanenna...... from Darmadurai. While I have alwaysadmired the quality of that song, What stuck me today was the lyrics and specifically the phrase "PATHU MAASAM", this phrasereally took me to my school days. Not because I was becoming sentimental about the song, it is just that "PATHU MASAM" reminded me of one of my classmate in school who we used to call as "PATHU MASAM". I don't know why we called him so, but somehow he had this name.

So what? Why such a round about? Get into the matter man, well sometime back I had read a posting in wikedpedia that gave the list of terminologies that we use in street cricket right from Attetail to Over Gajji. After hearing this song and inspired by the wikepedia posting, thought I would list some of those nicknames of my friends that can tickle someones nerve. Now let us get going...

NILA PALLAN : The same guy who was called as pathu masam used to be addressed by this name, because his front two teeth use to be in the shape of valar pirai.

MATTU PALLAN : No prices for guessing, he had some big teeth

ELI : Don't know why but he actually used to look like a ELI, in fact nowadays when I meet him I fin it difficult to call him with his actual name.

KAEKKU : This guy's name is K.Suresh and it was shortened.

TUSSU : Don't know why though...

THOCHAI : God knows what this means, but this is a famous name

GANDHI : Because he used to wear a Gandhi Kannadi

BENDU : His forearm used to be slightly bent

KEESI : Apparently a short form of Krishna Kumar.

GARIBALDI : Inspired by one of the kings we read in History and the color of the person (Friends no racism involved here u see :-)).

PULIYODHARAI : Inspired by the fart that this guy released after having puli saadham

TOM CRUISE : This guy is one of my close friend and he used to ride his cycle like tom cruise, nothing inspired by the looks. Please do no get misled.

PUTCHUTTING : This name was the best of all, actually coined by THOCHAI, the reason behind this is highly scietific. Our friend who carries this name had once caught his fart in hand and release it near the nose of THOCHAI. What a sickening act? hence this name PUDICHU UTTING combined as PUTCHUTTING. Nevertheless I take a bow to Thochai for coining this name :-)


I was able to recall only this much, anyone reading this post can probably leave the nicknames of their friends in the comments...

5 comments:

narmada said...

boy! what fantastic innovations? dont hav a word to say.

narmada said...

boy!! what fantastic discoveries? dont hav a word to say. god only knows what that nicknames mean. cudnt guess much!!!

கைப்புள்ள said...

Oho! Kudumbama dhaan blog nadathureengalaa? Nadathunga...nadathunga :)

Dyeaneshwaran K said...

Eley... Naanga kudumbamaa blog nadathunaa unnakku ennavey.... Posting nalla irundudhannu mattum solluviya...

Dyeany...

Anonymous said...

ennada posting ethellam.....putchutting...mothal thadavai comments padichappavey naan santhega patten.... ennada irumbu idiikura edathulla eeeeeikku enna valaynnu....mama reply parthvudanathean therinjuthu...neenga kudumba block nadathureengannu ....ennovoda...seekuram kudumba nadathaparu......

selva